Dies for Helmold Rule Benders
The Highest Quality Dies Available
Helmold’s bending dies are fabricated from the highest quality hardened tool steel using a computer-controlled EDM machining process.This ensures that our dies are the most precise and durable dies available in the industry.These illustrations only approximate the dies and bends and are not true to size.
All standard dies shown are for 2 pt. soft temper rule.The following symbols indicate those dies which can be opened up for thicker rule by milling a small portion of the die. Dies not marked with any symbol cannot be opened up to accommodate thicker rule.
The illustrations on this page are examples of bends which require special dies. Helmold offers a variety of time-saving intricate or joint eliminating dies for these types of bends. To have special dies like these made to your specifications, contact us today.
Most Common Accessories Found in Corrugated Die Shops
Most Common Dies Found in General and Folding Carton Die Shops
The accessories on these pages are designed to help users perform bends not possible using only standard bender die sets. Not all accessories are available for all benders and some benders require special attachments to use the accessories. None of the accessories shown here are available for the Helmold Standard Bender as this machine was designed for more basic bending operations.
Standard Bendall Accessories
• Standard on the Bender Bendall and E-Z Bender Bendall.
• Available for all bending equipment except the Standard Bender.
• Specify your rule height:1”, 1¹⁄₄”, 1¹⁄₂” or 2”.
9-Size Mandrel and Sleeve Set
• When combined with the standard Bendall accessories shown above,a complete set from ³⁄₁₆” to 1” by sixteenths is obtained.
• Fits Bender Bendall and E-Z Bender Bendall (1” high rule only).
• Fits Heavy Duty Bender and E-Z Heavy Duty Bender. Specify your rule height: 1”, 1¹⁄₂” or 2”.Requires a mandrel adapter,dovetail extension, eccentric backpost and links.
Special Mandrel Sets
• For forming long, narrow slots or making other bends not possible with standard bender dies.
• For 2 pt. rule.
• Fits Heavy Duty Bender and E-Z Heavy Duty Bender. Specify 1¹⁄₄”, 1¹⁄₂” or 2” rule height. Requires a dovetail extension and rear support post.
• 365 sets are for 3 pt., 65 temper rule, bending sets are available in³⁄₁₆”, ¹⁄₄”, ⁵⁄₁₆” and ³⁄₈” diameters.
One-Piece Rotary Rule Mandrel
• Fits Heavy Duty Bender and E-Z Heavy Duty Bender for rule1¹⁄₄”, 1¹⁄₂”, 2” high.
• For 4 pt., outside bevel rotary rule slots or 3 pt., center bevel,65 temper flat rule slots only.
• Order the following sizes as indicated.
Vise-Action Back Post
This post can be used in place of any removeable back post. It features the vise-action locking device that enables die makers to use worn dies without shims. For optimum results, this option should be factory-installed.